Friday, August 21, 2015

First Friday of Teaching

Well, it sure has been too long since I've updated this blog.

Marie and I have kept busy over the last several months, and long story short, I accepted a job teaching World History and Government at Capital High School here in Santa Fe. And so I find myself now done with my first week.



I survived intact!

This photo sums it up - hanging out at Santa Fe Spirits on the evening of my first Friday, pretty tired, but enjoying life. A much better photo than if Marie had taken one of me grumbling in the morning this week. I'm sporting the Capital High turquoise school colors too, since Fridays are spirit week. Go Jaguars! 

This week was one of the busier weeks of my life, with lots of ups and a couple downs but nothing too bad or all too unexpected. I feel grateful for my past experiences working with high school kids and I love to be a part of a team again. While a wholly new experience, it brings to mind memories sometimes of YRUU, Key Service at CSU, Naturalists at Large, Camp Emerald Bay, and of course my days at Wheat Ridge High. 

Sending love out to everyone who inspired me along my path! Especially Marie. She made cheddar jalapeno sour cream biscuits this afternoon. Those help.


No comments:

Post a Comment